Sunday, January 6, 2013

Baby/Toddler Leg Warmers DIY


When I first saw these, I was determined to figure out how to make them.  I looked up some tutorials on the internet and was so surprised to find out that they are made from adult knee socks!  SIMPLE, SIMPLE....and takes maybe a total of 20 min. to complete, start to finish.





Pick up a pair of adult knee socks.  They sell pretty cute ones everywhere.  You can always find them at Joann Fabrics, Target, Walmart...etc.  Even super cute holiday socks!  I have been looking all over for the vintage style striped ones and believe it or not, I found these at The Dollar Tree!










Cut the foot off.
















Cut the foot portion into three sections.  Discard the heel and the toe.





You are left with just the center of the foot.  Now you are going to turn this part into itself (wrong sides together).













Now take the tall section of the sock and attach the folded foot section raw edges matching.














Here is another photo of the same step.










You are ready to sew.  I used a serger for this step, but you can always use a regular machine.  I just like the finished edge of a serger. While you are sewing this part, you may have to manipulate the hem line, simply because the material of the socks tend to roll a bit.  Just use your fingers to flatten it as you go making sure to catch all three edges (two from the folded foot portion and one from the tall sock.)











And that's it.  You're done.  You have this super cute pair of leggings for your baby/toddler:)



BTW:  I know my pics are terrible.  I promise to have better pics next time;)

No comments:

Post a Comment